With effect from 1 July 2011, Aviva MyShield is enhanced without any increase of premiums. This is on top of the enhancement done last year.
Clients will continue to enjoy the free coverage for children* as well as the opportunity to potentially cover pre-existing medical conditions with Moratorium Underwriting.
The enhanced benefits are:
- Interim Coverage for up to $30,000 in accident medical reimbursements* – first Shield plan in Singapore
- Letter of Guarantee (LOG) now includes private hospitals
- Annual Claim Limit for Plan 1 increasing from S$500,000 to S$650,000 and from S$300,000 to S$400,000 for Plan 2
You can refer here for more Product Information of Aviva MyShield.
* Terms and conditions apply
Aviva has recently upgraded their most popular MyShield and MyShield Plus. The enhancement has gained Aviva MyShield significant advantage over other competitors.
Besides, there are two key features of MyShield:
Moratorium Underwriting – people with pre-existing condition can still be accepted though terms and conditions apply.
FREE Coverage for Children – this will definitely result savings for family with children.
The Key changes for MyShield are
- INCREASED LIMITS!
- As Charged Cover Inpatient Congenital Anomalies
- As Charged Cover Inpatient Pregnancy Complications
- Cover Living Donor Organ Transplant (Kidney / Liver)
MyShield Plus was also enhanced with
- Cover Both Deductible & Co-insurance
- Ambulance fees/taxi to hospital
- Parent/Guardian accommodation
- Post-hospital TCM treatment
Click the table below to enlarge for the comparison
2009 Aug – Aviva has just launched a 50% premium discount promotion campaign for their MyShield plan, which is approved by CPF to integrate with Medishield to enhance the coverage.
Currently, as long as you and your spouse are covered under MyShield Plan 1 or Plan 2, your children will be covered FOR FREE under MyShield Plan 2 right up to 20 years old age next birthday.
Now, when you and your spouse are covered under myshield plan 1, you are entitled to 50% off your child(ren)’s Plan 1 premiums.
In a nutshell, both Plan 1 and Plan 2 cover your children’s medical expenses on an “as-charged”^ basis. Plan 1 is designed to cover private hospital expenses and Plan 2 is for Government Hospital Ward A charges.
This offer is valid till 31 december 2009.
^ co-insurance and/or deductible applies.
It is a common that insurance companies do not cover pre-existing condition. Typically, pre-existing conditions will be excluded with little or no chance of them being covered, even after a number of treatment-free years.
Fortunately, the British insurer, Aviva, applies what the industry calls the ‘Moratorium Underwriting‘ to its MyShield plans, as part of a series of policy enhancements since Aug, 2007.
Applicants for its MyShield plans no longer need to declare their medical history when they sign up, but will instead be given instant approval. This is on the condition that they are not employed in certain occupations and have not been rejected for health or life insurance previously. As a result, if a person with pre-existing condition signs up for the plan, and the illness returns after a five-year absence, it will be covered.
However, For five continuous years from the coverage start date, he must not have, in relation to a Pre-Existing Condition,:
- experienced symptoms; or
- sought advice or tests from a Physician, a Specialist or Alternative Medicine Provider (including checkups for that Pre-Existing Condition); or
- required treatment or medication; or
- received treatment or medication
There are also a list of pre-existing illnesses that are permanently excluded from coverage. These include stroke, kidney failure and all forms of cancer except skin cancer.
Nevertheless, the product is still very helpful for people with minor medical condition or accident before.